01-17-2016, 09:02 AM   #46
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamo3 View Post
I highly doubt BMW is going to wait for an injector to fail before replacing, if your injectors are index 9 or 10 they will proceed with replacing all if you're on the recall list. A fuel injector failure could result in catastrophic engine failure if not properly functioning and that equals bad PR for BMW. I don't know the changes that have been made to injector design over those different versions, but I have to assume our idle, cruise, WOT, MPG, and start up will get better especially if you have leaky injectors. Just looking at my spark plug pic you can see that the leaky injector fouled the plug and is obviously hurting all the things I mentioned above. I'm personally excited to get these swapped out with the latest design and with a fresh set of plugs should run better than new
I wonder if BMW finally got tired of getting complaints from X5M owners who are spending thousands on replacing their injectors and other similar parts since they pretty much fucked us out of the N63 campaign which IMHO should of included the S63 since they're basically the same engine
Appreciate 0