01-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
chiplee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drod View Post
nice review... would be nice to see Dinan do something similar for the X5 50i

I did not get the X5M for a number of reasons (in addition to the significantly higher price tag...)

but 2grand for another boost in hp/torque would be interesting..

anyone know if Dinan has plans for the 50i?
Pretty sure the 50i package has been available for a while. It was the X5 xDrive35i that had been left out. 50i stage 1 is MEAN. http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D900-4...X5.aspx#page=1

The Dinan Performance Engine Software safely increases turbo-boost pressure from the stock 9.8 to 14.0 psi, along with properly retuned fuel mixtures, ignition timing and full map rescaling. In fact, over 2000 lines of code have been addressed, producing substantial increases in power output while maintaining the civility and reliability expected of a Dinan performance product. The results of Dinan’s tuning are nothing short of breathtaking, with the added boost and related re-calibration producing maximum output of 495 horsepower at 5000 rpm and 573 lb-ft torque at 3500 rpm.

I got the email from Dinan because I had expressed interest in an X5 xDrive35i upgrade, so I was happy to find this review. Thanks for posting. Not sure if I'll do it, or just list the 35i for sale and upgrade to a 50i and get the Dinan upgrade for that.
Appreciate 0