nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Sadly, I have to agree with this. Corruption seems to just run wild in many places.

I do not have experience in the health care field, but I have 10 years working in the field of Technology. Technology in many companies/environments is just viewed as an expense. Whatever way a company can cut costs, cheat the system, etc is what they will do.

My company is a consulting firm that does IT work for school districts, colleges, and other companies. To be honest, the way the management treats many of their clients I'm surprised they are still in business. The technicians on the ground who form a relationship with the clients are mostly the reason the company still exists. We just lost 5 or 6 of our very talented younger technicians. Technicians who were a backbone of knowledge for many of the client sites. The reason? The technicians would've gotten a slight pay bump going to another company. Rather than hold onto them they said "see ya" and hired some inexperienced people because they can pay them $14 an hour. Two of my clients told me the only reason they still have a contract with my company, is because of my work ethic and the service I provide. They hate the management.

My current workload has tripled as of this past week with no additional raise. Basically there are a few other employees who can't get anything done. Instead of disciplining them, the work is dumped onto me because the company knows I will get it done. This kind of environment is why they are a swinging door for good technicians. The technicians get burned out, and leave for another job.

Bottom line is many companies do not care about employees, their goal is to get as much work done for as cheap as possible. If someone quits, a replacement will be along soon.

With all of that said, the grass is always greener on the other side, and owning a business is a different lifestyle. A good friend owns a business, and she basically works 24/7. There is no vacationing, no "driving home from work", work follows her everywhere she goes.

The best thing to do is weigh out the pros and cons of your job and lifestyle. What makes you upset about your job? What happiness does your job afford you or create? If the bad outweighs the good, then it is time for a change.
+1

this applies to many careers.

I have been with same MEP firm for 17yrs. Its private firm, it has pros and cons as im the only plumbing designer so work load is high and can be stressful.
Appreciate 0