12-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #30
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_g View Post
This whole situation the more and more I think about it is extremely annoying. So I did my CA and the dealer a FAVOR of signing papers PRIOR to my car even being at the dealer so they could get the deal for this month like they wanted. (This is something I am not even sure is LEGAL being the car was not in stock and they made lease papers for it.)

So after all is signed and I left i was told the car would be there today 11/30 OR tomorrow 12/01.

Today I get a call telling me there is some bad news and there was a scratch or some damage on the bumper of my 1M and that they were not going to fix it for me but rather order me a whole new bumper. This while the car is still at the port.

So my CA tells me he is very sorry and that they will make up for this by reimbursing me with a $150.00 check from the BMW dealer itself for the inconvenience of me already starting to pay for a which I wont have for a few days, and then was told that i should be able to pick up the car monday 12/5 or tuesday 12/6 (which i highly doubt).

So I said ok on the phone being there really was not much more I could say or do. About 30 minutes later I receive a phone call from my CA again telling me that the general manager or who ever is in charge rejected to pay those $150.00, but that the CA himself was going to take that out of his pocket and give me a 150.00 credit towards BMW parts. (Which is generous on his part imo) but that still does not cover the arrogance of the GM of the dealer which said that i deserve no credit of $150.00 being I am lucky i even bought the car at sticker price. (that is what i was told by my CA regarding why the GM rejected to pay the $150.00)

What would you do at this point in my shoes?

Regards,
dean_g

This stuff happens every once in a while. It really is no big deal at all.

Congratulations on getting a 1M this late in the game. Just be happy you have one.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0