shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobDeuce View Post
I have a 2009 X6 50i with the sport package, active steering, and just about everything else. It's been 6 months and I finally got over 3500 miles. Besides needing a new water pump at 500 miles (there are four, apparently, and it takes 3+ weeks to get one from engine production in Germany), I have really only two complaints...

1. Rattles -- I live in the big city with predictably bad roads, and there's a constant rattle from the passenger seat and/or door every time I hit the slightest bump. Interstates are fine. I know the suspension is stiff, but does anyone else have problems like this with rattles in the X6? Will the dealership laugh ay me if I ask them to investigate?

2. iDrive -- I purposely got the 2009 because when I saw the new iDrive, I honestly thought it was too complex (multiple buttons around knob, too many menu options per screen, etc.). I know that's a personal judgment thing, to which I will be subject to harassment. But, this old iDrive is really SLOW to boot, particularly to the rear camera. Is there a way to speed it up? A software update or something?

Other than that, it's been a great car and fun to drive. I appreciate any input you can provide! Thanks.
1. No rattles here with almost 10,000 miles on the clock. You should have your dealer look at it

2. You should have gotten the 2010 with new iDrive because it is hard drive based and boots almost instantly and the 2008-09 are notoriously slow to boot and there is no way to speed it up becauase it takes aproximately 25-30 seconds to boot from when the doors are unlocked. The only way to speed it up is to do what I try and do most of the time and unlock your doors from your key fob as you are walking up to your X6 instead of using comfort access as this will take 10-15 seconds off the boot time depending on how far away you are when you press unlock.
Appreciate 0