10-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #35
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Since it has only two competitors and they are 3 and 2 years old, i wouldn't look too much into outperforming them on the road. You are free to compare in a 6-8 months time when the all new second gen Cayenne is released (considering the current one has more uses than the X5/6, i cannot see why that wouldn't send this car packing on all fronts).

I cannot understand the reason for your second sentence, is it to assure me that you know something i don't about how SUV's like these will sell in this climate? There isn't any harm except for quite poor performance numbers and subpar capability. If this would have been an american car (like its only doing straight line speed well suggests), you wouldn't be rushing in to defend its honor and asking me what the problem was.

Plus, am i only allowed to comment on what i like and what is for "me" ?
Blue, the point is that these SUV/SACs are cash cows for BMW. There's a market out there where people like SUVs and have more cash than brains (c'mon, you know it exists). The great thing is that they managed to make these chunks of metal not utter failures.

Recent reviews have it besting the best of the SUVs: the ML63, SRT4 and Cayenne S (or GTS I'm not sure).

Bringing up the off-road capabilities of the Cayenne is a moot point. Who's going to take a $100k+ SUV with street tires off-road? Besides the reviewing industry, virtually nobody. The Cherokee isn't even capable of off-road driving; the underbody would be destroyed it's so low.

If they're not for you, that's fine. They're not trying to force you to buy one. You're obviously not the kind of person BMW and Porsche are marketing these vehicles to.
Appreciate 0