04-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #83
Xelloss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooper View Post
To everyone taking criticism of this thing so personally, just remember it's BMW fans doing the criticizing here, not Merc or Porsche or whatever else fans, at least as far as it concerns me.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger BMW fan than me, but even I can see just what a giant fail-bomb this is.

Read this slowly: BMW is making SUVs.

That's not a problem, am I right?

Now read this (very) slowly: BMW is making "M" versions of their SUVs. Let me repeat: BMW is making god-forsaken "M" versions of their SUVs...

If that doesn't hit you in the nutsack like an atom bomb on Nagasaki, you must be some sort of a new generation of BMW fan, because it's a slap in the face of this very old, very dedicated BMW fan.

And don't come tell me there was no market for a CSL version of the new M3. The previous one sold out extremely quickly, and the M division is enjoying record sales. No market my back bottom. The problem isn't finance, it's greed. BMW doesn't just want to make money, it wants as much of it as they can get their hands on, which is why my eyes are hurting looking at M versions of the X5 and X6.

What the hell was wrong with the previous --> S <-- badge for hot versions of their SUVs???

Time for me to face facts. BMW is being run by bean-counters, not engineers. It's a sad day if you ask me.
Thankfully I didn't have to write this. I also recall reading a few years ago that an M version of an "SAV" as well as a 7 did not fit in M division's design language. I guess anything they say or BMW in general can't be taken with any amount of validity. At least they made a Z4M coupe when they said they wouldn't and hopefully they'll go back on that again. The rhetoric from BMW should have some consistency and as BMW enthusiast/owners, we deserve at least that. Although, their ultimate goal is to make money, they will truly test my loyalty should they ever make a BMW V6 in any car. If that ever happens, anything impossible can happen.

"I feel the need...

...the need for speed!"
Appreciate 0