View Single Post
      04-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #81
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM3 View Post

I coudnt agree more, but as of many bmw´s these days, they just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. And it´s the small things that really caught my eye. For instace, check closely the engine cover... they say its a different engine from the one found in the new seven but all they did was slap a cheap black plastic with the m logo on it on top of the 4.4 engine!!! for such an expensive car from a premium brand how can they do that??? check the engine cover on the RS6 Avant and ull see what I mean. Also, again a repeat for the m division, the cheap, worthless after a couple of tracks, brakes. They are not even drilled...again check the ceramic ones on the RS6. And for me the heresy...a none naturally aspirated engine. I dont care if it is more fuel eficient or that it has more low end grunt...the beauty of the M cars are those high revvings engines that make u work those delightfull chunky manual gear boxes...about the same way mercedes as started to do after seeing the sucess past M´s have had...shh
And the worst thing is that the iconic M5 will share this philosophy and engine.
Dont get me wrong, i love the x6 (actually considering one for the future) but BMW keeps forgetting its brilliant past, not just in term of enginering but design aswell ( have u noticed how the classic hofmeister kink disappeared on the x6, 5 series GT...) for this new language... I am still a fan and always will be but some of these new cars will just make old glorys stand out even more. I will one day own a M3 but i tell you if the next generation goes for turbo, my money will go into an old glory, and one of the best and most beautifull BMW´s of all time the E46 M3 CSL.
The base engine is the same, but there is more to it. If you haven't please read the press release- it details the enhancements and differences from the base N64B44 engine.
Appreciate 0