BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

[QUOTE=PM3;4850810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post

What do u mean by whack? is that a good thing or bad? Sorry but beeing more used to british english im not very up to date on american slang

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate most of todays bmw´s. Shit i drive a 7 series from new and i love it!! Actually one of my favourites u drive it, the z4 coup. its just some of the future choices, like going back to the same looking interiors on every model, same sausage different lenghts design and most discussed problems pointed out by press and owners just dont seem to be adressed, like brakes, steering feel...the missed oportunity with the current 1 series coupe...even the press are more convinced with the new scirroco´s dynamic abilities - a front wheel drive - than with the 1. the 1 coup could have been a future bmw classic like the 2002 or the first gen m3 and they missed it to put an electric stering to save 0.001 mpg !!!
BMW is a great car manufacture and it will keep producing great cars, but to me, what really gets me, is that they always seem to have some compromises with they more current cars. they just dont seem to do any more 10 out 10 cars, like the E46 M3, or the E39 M5, or first generation M3, cars that just coudnt be faultered. And not just M cars but the normal versions of them too. These cars received high praise from both journalists and public and these new cars just divide them both in design and the way they are built. I´ve said it before and ill say it again. A car this expensive can not have an engine cover as cheap as that and that says a lot, believe it or not. it shows its just a market exercise and not a car that was build from scratch like an E46 M3. The E46 chassis was always built with the M3 in mind. I still remember when the 330 was introduced, journalists said that chassis was so good it could handle much more. In the x6 case its the other way around...the X6 is a niche product and due to demand an M was made. shit that M rear bumper on the blue x5 pic is so...such a last minute slap on.

whack is really bad. i couldn't agree with you more... the cars are getting really compromised and they are trying to use the same parts for the entire range of cars instead of building them from scratch.... BMW is going dowmhill for us enthusiasts, too bad some idiots fail to realize this and call themselves enthusiasts, they are the ones that will continue to buy BMW products.