Rep
Drives: 2008 328CI, 2013 X6 5.0

Garage List
2008 BMW 328 CI  [0.00]
2013 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Couple of things..
I went with the 19s mostly because I did not like the 20" wheels on the X6. My intent was to find a set of style 259s (the old 20") style and put those on. Alas, I ended up picking up a 2nd vehicle (car) because I missed the driving experience and now I'm not dropping a penny on the X6 (it is leased). So yes, keep your vert.

The 19s are fine in the winter. I did notice that they were not as good as the snow tires I had prior on my M5 (yes the car goes, just doesn't turn or stop quite as good). We only had two snows this year but I did fine.

The 20s however come with summer tires. YOU CAN NOT USE THESE IN THE WINTER. So if you go with the 20" rims, you MUST either swap the tires or find some 19" take offs (with TPMS sensors) and put snows on them. This of course is the best of both worlds with the added cost and hassle of a second set of wheels.

Last but not least - the leather dashboard is sweet. The regular one looks very plain and out of place in a $80K vehicle. Still, I could not justify the cost.
I did not even know that there is a 1M out. Missed that. I can't justify the cost on a leather dash either... also, I have never seen it live, so maybe I won't miss it. Per the "Buy/Lease thread here: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...=671493&page=2

My final order was:
X6 5.0
Color combo still not clear-- leaning now to Midnight blue and Saddle
No Sports package so chrome trim all around (Windows & grills). 19 inch since it will snow in nYc. The one day it snowed last winter I drove the vert on summer tires @ 15 miles an hour.
Options:
Technology
Premium
LED
Cold Weather
3 rear seats
Running board
Soft Close
Premium Sound

$1,012 including taxes month for 10K miles a year.
Now to finalize the color. Dealership is attempting to get swatches for me. I really hope the blue matches the photo below. Anyone actually see it?
Doug - I saw no reason for the Space saver or the BMW Aps. I have an Android phone and an ipod. Thoughts?
Attached Images

Last edited by macd1995; 04-23-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0