View Single Post
      04-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #31
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by macd1995 View Post
I am sold on tech package. I am now struggling with a couple little things. We will go with Midnight blue. Love Saddle, but the combo is a little drastic, and though there will be kids mine & my sisters, the beige looks more classy than any other color. Oyester is fresh, but we like the fact that the car is one color inside with beige and not two toned (as with ever other color except all black-- which I don't like)... SO that rules out leather dash.

Will also get:
LED
Premium SOund
3 rear seats (A MUST-- could not buy a 4 seated SUV, no matter how much I liked it!)
Cold Weather
Running Boards and Soft close doors.

I love the 20" M Package rims, but really not sure about driving in snow. For those who have them, do you also have kids that you transport? SO even though I LOVE the M Package rims, I do also like the 19" stock on the 50i. I don't need all that horse power in NYC.. I just got t-boned by a woman making an illegal u-turn and my 328 has been in the shop for 1 month. My wife is 4 mos currently and her side got hit, so I vowed to drive slow and careful-- 35i is good enough.

Question: How the hell can I get the 50i stock rims on the 35i and the chrome grill and trim that are on the 50i base package!? The "Build Your Own" site has black trim for every model except the 50i non-Sports Activity or MPackage. Difficult to justify $9K more for nicer trim, chrome grill & rims!!!!

Do i have a shot?
The kidney grilles are easy to replace. Less that 5 minutes DIY. I think you should be able to talk to your dealer about ordering it when building your own, but if they cannot help you at that time, you can order titanium grilles, gloss black grilles and or even have the grilles painted to match any color of your choice if you please. That is an easy fix. As for the chrome trim vs the shadow line trim, same rules apply. There are many ways to change these options out if your dealer is unable to pull those strings for you during the production of your X6.

I must say you will like your choices either way. I still think the X6 is an awesome car to drive and still looks stunning after 4 years and counting. In fact, IMHO, the X6 fits so well that this is the first car that I have had that when it it time to upgrade, I will be getting the newer model.... as long as she still is looking good after her facelift aroung 2015-2016....lol

Enjoy and stay safe on the roads!