United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328CI, 2013 X6 5.0

Garage List
2008 BMW 328 CI  [0.00]
2013 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K900 NY View Post
HUD is great. One of the best options for the X6. I know everyone is different but for me it beats having to look down at the speedometer which, more often than not, is blocked by the steering wheel.

I don't have the rear entertainment system. I saw it and it was underwhelming. Go with the iPad holders.

I traded in a '10 black X6 35i and ordered a '12 X6 50i, pretty much loaded. I was getting pretty tired of seeing black X6's everywhere (lots of white ones out there too). Dealer told me 8 out of 10 X6's are black. I nearly went with the vermillion, but changed it to space grey. Couldn't be happier. Black perforated leather and aluminum trim.....looks sharp IMO. I had a beige interior on a 535 a few years ago. It was too bright, tough to keep clean and, well, just didn't cut it for me.

Some other options I really like:

The leather dashboard (you should really check it out)
The 20" 336 style rims (I'm in NY and yeah we get a few snow days but not nearly enough to warrant an all weather set....IMO)
The premium sound system (huge difference over the standard eqp)

They're including sports seats with the new M package. Strongly recommend comfort seats. Way WAY better than the sport seats.
I am sold on tech package. I am now struggling with a couple little things. We will go with Midnight blue. Love Saddle, but the combo is a little drastic, and though there will be kids mine & my sisters, the beige looks more classy than any other color. Oyester is fresh, but we like the fact that the car is one color inside with beige and not two toned (as with ever other color except all black-- which I don't like)... SO that rules out leather dash.

Will also get:
LED
Premium SOund
3 rear seats (A MUST-- could not buy a 4 seated SUV, no matter how much I liked it!)
Cold Weather
Running Boards and Soft close doors.

I love the 20" M Package rims, but really not sure about driving in snow. For those who have them, do you also have kids that you transport? SO even though I LOVE the M Package rims, I do also like the 19" stock on the 50i. I don't need all that horse power in NYC.. I just got t-boned by a woman making an illegal u-turn and my 328 has been in the shop for 1 month. My wife is 4 mos currently and her side got hit, so I vowed to drive slow and careful-- 35i is good enough.

Question: How the hell can I get the 50i stock rims on the 35i and the chrome grill and trim that are on the 50i base package!? The "Build Your Own" site has black trim for every model except the 50i non-Sports Activity or MPackage. Difficult to justify $9K more for nicer trim, chrome grill & rims!!!!

Do i have a shot?
Appreciate 0