View Single Post
      08-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #15
GKyri
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 30D

I didn't have much luck with the strikers indicated in the photo but people should definitely give it a go. I still blame the moving D striker in the lower tailgate for at least one of my noises. I have tried many ways to secure it but I have no long term fix. I have even thought of glue! I still haven't managed to get to a dealer just in case there is some sort of solution.

Other sources worth trying is the plastic cover surrounding the tailgate glass. That's at least 4 pieces and it is very creaky. I have tried to pack it, tape it, whatever, to chase down the creaks. I blame the window tinters for this one, I presume they would have pulled it off to tint the window and perhaps the clips were damaged???? (it feels better than blaming the car). Press on it and listen for creaks.

I still think the roller blind is a source of some noise. I tied mine up today! I noticed the blind's grab flap in the photo is pointing downwards rather than sitting in its magnetic slot (which is not strong enough by the way).
Appreciate 0