View Single Post
      11-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #41
vitaman
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Going through the forums (any other good ones besides here and xoutpost?)
these comments pop up regularly: "If you want a performance car buy one if you want a truck don't be so concerned about performance."
These cars exist for a purpose! They fit my needs perfectly. My last 3 performance cars all had low profile tires and I spent lots of cash and time fixing wheel rash, bent rims, and blown tires. Never again. I also need to carry around kids sometimes so 4 doors are essential. I also need a vehicle that is good on gravel and dirt roads (not off road). But I love to drive fast cars that handle competently (not looking for the ultimate) brake really well, are technologically up to date, and have a fun factor that of course everyone defines differently. Yes, I could buy a used SRT8 and a new M3 Sedan for the same money. The M3's ride over rough roads and being only marginally good for kids coupled with the lower quality of a used jeep and poor handling characteristics would leave me unsatisfied all the time. Throw in the fact that I like sitting up a little higher for visibility and the X5M is the perfect tool for the job. Thanks BMW.
Appreciate 0