View Single Post
      11-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #28
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

I was talking about the engine note and not exhaust. The exhaust note is easily improved through aftermarket exhausts. The engine/induction note never changes whastoever plus the engine note inside the cabin is what really gives goosebumps. You know how spectacular the S85 V10 engine sounds with an aftermarket exhaust now (for example, supersprint). Don't you?? Pretty much the best an M car has ever sounded possibly. Much like an exotic supercar engine. Samething goes for the new S65 M3 engine which sounds astonishing with Gintani exhaust. Samething for the S54 in the M3 CSL.

This new tenative M5 engine in X5 M and X6 M sounds the most bland and boring ever to have been fitted in an M car. Very very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
This is overhyped. My E46 M3 and M6 both had weak exhaust notes(at least compared to my Mercs). The X5M/X6M sound isn't spectacular but it isn't that bad.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0