03-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
maitrimk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 330i, 2022 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkkkker View Post
Today I spent an hour with Verizon and Apple re lack of access to email in my 2012 X5M. Then went to the dealer. Here is the upshot:

Text messages can be received in the vehicle as well as Google map type transmissions. Apple and Verizon say that there SHOULD BE with Bluetooth an email transmittal to the vehicle IF the vehicle is ABLE to accept the transmission via Bluetooth.

BMW currently will sync email ONLY with Blackberry and Droid, NOT with Apple (whether an I phone 4 4S OR 5). BMW is well aware of this as an issue given the number of I phone users. No fix.................yet.
Hmmm... I've gotten emails to show up on my screen before. You have to enable emails to show in notification settings I believe. Try to turn everything on for email notification first. Then go to your Bluetooth connection and show notifications like the image 5serieshb shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
i dont see the enable text options on this page...iphone 4s
please help
and do i need to enable anything on my x5 as well
thanks Rob
Hey rob, I believe you have all the settings on. You don't need to do anything on the car. The "show notifications" option is what I meant by turning in text. Bad wording on my part. I'll try to take a pic of my settings later today.
Appreciate 0