View Single Post
      10-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #18
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
I give Patryk and bimmertech a big thumbs up :-) Just completed a successful CIC retrofit, by purchasing a full kit from them. Went extremely smoothly, and a totally awesome experience. Highly recommended.

The last thing I wanted to do was purchase a bunch of random parts off ebay, in the hope they might work. I wanted to install something, I knew was going to work and had being previously tested in a integrated way. If that meant paying a bit extra, it was worth it to me at least.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589250
Now bot of you guys have made me jealous...! I really like the set up you both have going on. I would like to do the upgrade but to be honest, I would be nervous to do my own work on my BMW. It is an expensive car, and doing something that may void the warranty might bite me in the ass later... lol

When I had my Honda, I did all my own mechanical and cusomizing myself. Then when I got my Acura, I still did alot of my own work to it, but did extensive research before I picked up any tools. Now with my X6, I bring it to the dealer for everything! Not only because it is all at no extra cost to me, but I am not willing to void the warranty for something I can wait two - trhee more years to play with once the X6 goes through a face lift.

Thank you for all the info, but I will wait for the new X6 before I do anymore upgrades to my car... unless of course, the price is right