View Single Post
      09-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #14
sizelove
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Certainly the price for this change is something you have to justify to yourself. Not everyone will want to do it, some will. Some will judge you and say you are nuts for such a thing. Some will think it is cool as heck and want it too. The main thing I didn't like about my x6 when buying was the iDrive, I wanted the newer setup, but didn't want a "new" car. I did the change because I could, I only had to convince myself, and I enjoyed the process.

Will it void your warranty? I mean seriously, when investigated, what doesn't? I truly don't know the answer and won't say yes or no...however, what I will say is that if you needed to convert back to the old setup to be safe and avoid a possible risk, it can be done quickly and easily. You don't need any programming or anything to make it happen.

As for Patryk not working with you if you buy your parts elsewhere...I personally don't blame him for this. I have talked to a few people who have complained about other vendors offering a similar setup, and even one where they bought gear online but were screwed out of it...worst case examples I know. But, what you get from Patryk is support and comfort that what he sells you will work, it is correct for your ride, etc. This allows you, and him, the luxury of not wasting a lot of time troubleshooting a possible issue only to find a defective part sold by a "trusted person" from ebay or several sites.

It is expensive and takes time to implement. It isn't for everyone. And no one is saying "hey, you must do this or your car sucks"...it is just a preference that one can do if they choose. As one person said, items are available all over the place...but if you are nervous to do this setup...do you think buying from different places to save a buck or two are going to make you feel better? I know my answer.

All that is just my 2 cents...heck, after all, what do I know? I did all this and am now selling the car
Appreciate 0