View Single Post
      01-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
wmr71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Msport 50

E70 X5M or F14 X5 50 - what say you?

Hello All,

Long time lurker and 1st time poster. I am wanting to get some opinions from folks that have some experience with the X5. I am looking at buying an X5, however I don't know if I want to buy an E70 X5M or a newer F15 X5 50. The power isn't that big of a difference between the 2 for me but the fit and finish and possible refinements in the newer F15 are what I am trying to make sure I am not missing out on if I were to buy an E70 X5M. I also don't believe the gas mileage in the end is that different especially if you stay in boost most of the time. I would say that I am a 50/50 highway to city driver so I expect to be on the lower end of the gas mileage estimates most of the time.

I am currently in a 2010 Lexus LS460 which is not a car I would wish upon anyone. If I could drive it through the front door of Lexus NA and demand a refund, I would. Fit and finish is below par and the driving experience ranks up there with watching paint dry. Gas mileage for city driving isn't great either.

If I buy an E70 M then I plan to buy one that is still under warranty. Regardless of what I buy, I will definitely look to get an extended warranty before the factory warranty expires. Through the great resources on this site, I've already pinged Jeff Steel at Passport for guidance on pricing for both

I do have 2 small children that my wife totes around in her Odyssey so Im not too worried about baby seats but I suppose some insight from that perspective couldn't hurt.

Lastly, I'm not interested in modding as it will be my daily driver. Thankfully my other toy is a 475hp 2nd gen supra that is a total money pit, but tons of fun

All comments and guidance are appreciated!

Mike

Last edited by wmr71; 01-17-2017 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0