View Single Post
      07-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
X6MS1000rr
Rep
Drives: 12 X6M

New member: ready

Greeting All!

Saying hello from the Chicago Area, (by Great Lakes). I'm a Automation/Maintenance Manager who worked his way up. A month ago I purchased a 2012 Alpine White X6M. Beautiful vehicle!!! I'm mostly a Motorcycle guy, this is my 1st German & Hi performance car. I always did my own dyno tuning (rent the time) for bikes (Power commanders/Bazzaz, O2 sensors~EGA, stoich, Ti-Force, Akrapovic, Vanson, Arai, Carbon can/emissions delete, BMW GS911 Tool,etc.).<---Some of the brands I own, terms I'm familiar with.

I have added the Megan exhaust (not much louder than stock) and just received the Agency racing catless downpipes. Tuning will come after the DP's, still researching for best quality/gains/reliability. I've seen some kits but don't want to order a shifted ignition map (X6M pulls harder off the line but dies/flattens-out by 4k).

Getting ready to buy the Coding Cable(s), huge thread. If there are any NW Illinois members who meet and/or code, please pm me if you're willing to give a quick course on BMW's and I will gladly pay u for your time.

Great Board, looking forward to learning and posting "how to's" and hopefully meeting some of you!
best Regards,
AS
Appreciate 0