View Single Post
      05-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
Love_My_X6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I disagree. In both cases the mistake was caught before the vehicle was delivered. That's better than nothing and in no way a gimmick. I'm not disagreeing that faster would be better - but I'll take this system ANY DAY over no info at all. Plus knowing where your vehicle is in terms of production (especially when it is made overseas) is very cool.

PS - Did your dealer really order the last two cars wrong?
It is nice to track. And late information is better than none I suppose. It is only the spirit of room-for-improvement that could have had pre-VIN build data updated to the website.

And yes. First case with Buick. The car was ordered on an ordersheet sitting in the dealer's sales office. (I got a copy) The dealer then later made the ordersheet online, keyed in two-wheel drive rather than awd. When the dealer was invoiced with the VIN number weeks later they immediately called me with an appology and a plan. They had a car on the lot with ALL that I had ordered and then some, that they gave me the same deal and price we had agreed on the one now 'on its way' and I got to go right away and take the loaded version on their lot home. Biggest boon was free upsized chrome wheels 3k+.

Current order, BMW allows changes in the order in pre-production mode. I communicated to my CA the desire to change the interior 4 weeks before build week with plenty of time for the change to be made. The information was not input into the build by the dealer.

My bad for not demanding a build sheet both times yeah, but clearly errors on the dealer's sides were made. The dealer concurred that he knew (and we had emails saved) that they erred by not inputing the change.

You'd think I had learned after the first to see the build sheet in black and white.

Last edited by Love_My_X6; 05-22-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 0