12-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Z@T
Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Vantage, 997, ModelX

Happy wife, happy live

Hi,

I'm from Munich Germany and moved to Florida 3.5 years ago.
A white e70 X5 was my wife's dream car now for a couple years.

Since I sold my wife's X3 3l few weeks ago. It was time for a new car.

I was tracing the market now for a while on the e70 X5's.

We did test drive as 2009 35 diesel a few weeks ago and the torque impressed us in this huge car. Price/ miles and options where great but the burgundy color wasn't my wife's and the pre LCI wasn't my choice.

We found the best car with our requirements pretty close to us (60 miles).
An 2011 X5 35d Premium in white with all options I would order, even no roof rail (I love the lower look without). Wife fell in love with the bi color interior Oyster / Black and the missing aluminum Footplate since she thought this was an disabled entry help.

The price was over my planed budget but we checked the car out anyway since I had three cars in the area but just one Diesel.

The car was actually already low priced for the year, engine and options. We gave an offer but the dealer wasn't planing on dropping a cent on his price.
We took off to check the next car.

Since the Diesel and specially LCI Diesel are more expensive (good side, better in keeping the value) my better half thought the pre LCI n/a gas inline six would to the job as well.

We went to check out an 2009 30i around 5 miles away. I hated it from the first sight. No one ever took care of the car all plastic was cracked/missing, headlights quick tried to polish and bad equipped. Miles were low but price pretty high for how the car looked.
I had her drive it anyway to check out the engine. She came back one minute later with: This thing wont move at all.

Frustration came up and we went in the car to grab lunch and go home.
The Diesel dealer called, long story short after several back and forth calls I raised my price couple grand and the dealer lowered the same amount on his side. Yeah no cent down. arrot:

Here some pics.

At the dealer ship:

Made it home:

Friends house yesterday:

First mod will be OEM wide fender arches. I'll let them, Bumpers and side skirts paint on body color. I read that Sport package and Diesel was not an option in the US?!
20" wheels are the next logical step.

I'm not sure if I'll let the diffuser style paint in the rear and front. Has anyone done that? Just paint the side and leave the inside black?
Appreciate 0