King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I have a bottle of 1904 Jack Daniels that if shit hits the fan, I'm opening. The only reason behind not opening so far is that the bottle is signed by a distiller that passed thus making the bottle extremely valuable as long as it stays unopened.
My dad had a bottle of Jack that was real old. I don't think it was as old as yours but he used to say that when Russia launched missiles against the US he was going to sit down say a bunch of Hail Mary's and drink the whole thing himself.

After he died, we found the bottle with about eight ounces left. I guess there must have been a false report about Armageddon...anyway we toasted him and killed it off.
That's awesome! Dad was really close with Jimmy Bedford (6th Master Distiller if I'm not mistaken) so the distillery and many of those involved with it are close. When dad passed away the distillery crew showed up at the funeral and set a few people back in their seats. Most had no idea who they were but they looked liked a scene out of a western movie walking in wearing black leather coats and jeans. It was very surreal to see 2 Master Distillers walk through the doors to pay the old man respect. A very cool moment.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1455.00