View Single Post
      08-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
I saw this in the LA Times.I almost posted it.......after I downed a couple of BP pills.I agree w/ chuck92103 and dmlgc.I'm so sick of other people telling me what I should and should not drive.Last time I checked this is the USA....a free country.All I'll say is..... this stupid drumbeat is getting louder,especially in this age of $4.00 gas.The because " I can afford to drive an X6 (or fill in the blank w/ your favorite performance auto) and pay for the gas" therefore, I must be stealing resources from (fill in the name of your favorite third world country,social organization,school district,et al) mindset is quickly taking over the conversation.If us hard core performance car enthusiast and the sometimes,chicken shit, no backbone,politically correct car companies we buy these cars from don't draw a serious line in the sand and stop this madness now....we are all going to be riding 50i and 35i black horses to work and carving canyons on mopeds.The very way we choose to live our lives and conduct our hobbies ( drive fast cars) is under attack.It's death by a thousand paper cuts.....no X6 because it has no "utility".....no V8 because it uses to much gas ( don't laugh...GM might not design/ build anymore ground up V8's-what auto company is next?). Now is the time to stand up against this mindless drivel.I feel better now!!! Thanks! PalBay
Bravo Palbay! Well said!
-ad
Appreciate 0