View Single Post
      03-22-2022, 09:06 PM   #39
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg550GT View Post
It’s the strangest thing. Currently running full cat and muffler delete with stage II flash. I’ve replaced boost solenoids throttle bodies and previously mentioned turbos. Reset adaptations and away she went. Ran into a turbine seal leak and replaced gasket and ran like shit so I reset adaptations again. Throttle response ok. she wound up the rpM’s and turbos kicked in.. move on to this morning. Drop the hammer (because I drive it like I stole it) nothing felt in seat except loud ass exhaust.. kind of embarrassing. I’m scratching my head on this one as it’s intermittent.
Hmm, you should be throwing codes if its that far off on boost. I would find out what your boost pressure is. If your running a stage 2 (I assume from ESS) then you should be around 12-14psi, depending on ambient temps. I installed pressure gauges on mine, video below and you can see how quickly it builds boost with a stage 2 ESS tune + map3 JB4 and some experimental intakes. Yours should be similar to 12-14psi. If your not for installing gauges, I would grab one of the OBII apps and a elm327 adapters so you can see what your boost is in real time. Also good videos up on youtube on how to test for high pressure leaks using a flexible pvc coupling and cap. The 2inch PVC coupling from home depot fits our intercoolers perfectly. Also the charge tubes from our turbos to intercoolers contain a critical o-ring that can fail and will cause a massive boost leak. Lastly, make sure the one way valve on your CCV setup for the lower CCV line is working properly and not causing a boost leak into the crankcase.

Appreciate 0