View Single Post
      07-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #40
phantomF80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
To the OP, buying a Prius and lowering it, adding wider wheels and tires and other mods seems odd to me. I would only drive one to save money (maybe environmental reasons) and all of these things do the opposite. If driving 40k miles a year I also wonder how long you would enjoy these mods before it was time to get rid of the car.

As for the i3, seems really odd to talk about buying a small economy car for $40k+ and then talk about the money you save on gas. I am assuming the market for this is people that want to stop using gas out of principle/environment or like the odd look of the car as I can't see any financial benefit to it.
Not sure now, but most of BMW dealers were giving enormous discount on i3 earlier this year. You can buy one for around $40k, and with $10k in tax break, you can have the car for the same price as the higher end Prius. There are also many people (including ourselves) who leased their i3 for around $200 a month. Not sure if they are still running these special promotes though...
Appreciate 0