View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 06:57 PM   #5
VolksFan
Rep
Drives: x5 35d

Hiya!
Update:
Went over everything I touched previously this afternoon and it all looks good and everything is seated. I suspect this intake manifold could be off and back on again in the future in less than 2 hours.

It has been raining cats and dogs here so I pulled the battery out of the X5 and brought it inside today to charge.. dmm says batt had 11.62v when I pulled it out, and its an Interstate that is 4 years old. According to the DME, it was never registered (lacks the codes to do so on this batt) and history shows only one registration. Going to leave it charging overnight 12v2a and see if it will make it go before putting out the coin for a legitimate BMW battery, as IMC just stopped carrying the non BMW branded Varta batts that used to come with the proper codes for programming.

Further checking reveals I have proper rail pressure at the sensor and can also see cranking RPMs via live data.

Pursuing the battery angle but still feel like I am missing something.

Edit: to respond directly to your query, no codes in DME still. I would expect at least half a dozen voltage related codes if it was the batt directly like I have seen in dozens of e90/92 series cars. Even with the low battery voltage I have documented, it still cranked over in a healthy fashion.
Appreciate 0