View Single Post
      03-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
ttype
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon to be X5

Need help/advice on a 07/08 X5

It's been awhile since I have owned a BMW. This one is for my wife. Currently we are trying to unload our current sport utility in hopes of stepping into a 07 or 08 X5. I am no stranger to a wrench, as I own, wrench and tune my own 1000hp Buick GN. That being said I have done research on this vehicle, but the reviews to fair too well. Allow me to state my families needs, and you guys with experience on this SUV please let me know if this is a suitable SUV for my family. My wife is a very passive driver, but drives a lot. Majority of her driving is done within a 20min window, car pooling our kids to school/gymnastics with the occasional tournament 3 to 4 hours away 2 to 3 times a year. If it was up to me I would want the biggest engine in this SUV, but my wife isn't looking for anything that will keep her at the pumps 2 days a week. She is looking for reliability (if that exists), fuel economy and comfort.
What are common issues with this year X5? how reliable are they? Below is exactly how she wants it to look like. What X5 will fit our families needs. Thanks in advance, I appreciate any advice you can give us in making a sound decision on our next SUV. I hope to be a active user on this site provided we can find a X5 that suits our needs.

Appreciate 0