09-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
I wonder if BMW will offer this aftermarket thru their dealers to existing X6 owners that own 2008 and 2009 models? Can't be more than a simple software tune that seems like any dealer could easily flash it to your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
+1
I think BMW is missing a big opportunity in the aftermarket in general, you would think BMW would trust their dealers to do a software flash. I also think BMW should just shelve their ego and make a deal with DINAN, his company has the ability to do the aftermarket stuff and BMW could set the limits.
BMW has its own line of "aftermarket" parts- it is known as BMW Performance and this is available for the 135 and 335 as a port installed accessory and there will be a dealer kit later on. The BMW performance parts are extremely well designed and are backed by a real BMW warranty not the fake Dinan one. (Look up the Dinan warranty clauses and horror stories) For the 1 and 3 there is additional cooling components required. It is not stated what specifically is involved with the X6 but most would think that BMW also increased the cooling with this package- once someone has a 7RR I would love to see photos of the inner wheel wells, or when the info is in the BMW system what part #'s the 7RR requires and compare with the 1 and 3...