View Single Post
      01-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #11
U235
23 BMW X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Polestar Engineered
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Pole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
I agree, their prices are very high and they aren't willing to come off of it. They have a 2011 alpine white 35d with 30k miles. The sticker on it is $56,900 but they have it listed online for $52,900. It doesn't have navigation or the backup camera either.
I told them I found a black on in Dallas, same mileage, same year, has nav and backup camera plus every other option theirs has and it's $42,500.
Odds are, I'll be driving to Dallas or Houston Saturday to buy one.
Good luck with your trip. I just explored a lease with BMW of Austin again, thinking the $599 national X5-SAV deal was a good enough starting point. He confirmed they'd work the same deal and just add the additional cost of a differently optioned product.

After an unnecessary amount of back and forth where there numbers weren't making any sense to me, I finally got them to confirm they're marking up Money Factor by .0004 points, the maximum allowed by BMW. They won't budget on the money factor, stating it's the only way they make any money on leases. They would never give me the raw numbers, always the post-tax payment amount stating my tax calculation was wrong, this or that. A lot of gamesmanship I thought.

It's rubbish, I'm now 0/3 buying a car from BMW of Austin. The past 2 of those times I failed, I ended up with another car from another dealer within 30 days, so I'm not wasting their time. It must be nice to be the only BMW dealer in town, now whenever I see a BMW in Austin with any indication (license plate frame) that they got it from BMW of Austin, I just know they're an idiot and left thousands on the table.

I'm to the point that I can't even try them anymore. They had one used one which was interesting, but it appears to have sold, likely for way too much.
Appreciate 0