View Single Post
      10-26-2016, 08:58 AM   #60
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Revolving door of BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
So long story short, but I've emailed Kinugawa and they said their wheels can be installed by anyone. I also spoke with the guys from Turbo Labs of America (tons of YouTube videos) and they've said in not so many words that the popular turbo rebuilders out there are doing nothing more than these wheels for their stage 1 setups. It's the stage 2 that's more elusive, proof being that M5 guys (ages ahead of us in terms of mods and power levels) are still experimenting with stage 2. With that said, Turbo Labs said they'd do a stage 2 for $1600, so after seeing what they've done in the N54 world, I'm likely going to give them a try.
I'm assuming the turbos have to come off and be shipped to them. Is this a complete rebuild of the turbos or are they just swapping compressor wheels as well? For $1600, if they do a core deposit or something like that, then I'm for sure in. Actually, I'd probably do it either way if I knew more details on what they plan to put inside the housings to replace OEM. Maybe they can do a deal for 2?

Edit: Have you searched these guys online and seen all the terrible reviews?

Last edited by e36bmer; 10-26-2016 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0