View Single Post
      06-23-2016, 12:37 AM   #48
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Doing a Google search on the countless part numbers on the OP's first thread, using any and all combinations of searching using those numbers, there are many sites showing different part numbers of turbos, serial numbers, unknown detailed variations over a couple different years, etc for the turbos used on the X5M and X6M. Unfortunately finding out the manufacturing differences between these wheels is likely information that no one will ever be able to find. A few searches did direct me to other forums stating that the material the compressor wheel is made out of is less important than the angles, cut, etc of the wheel as to what gains can be made from them. Will Pure be 100% transparent if you ask them if they're doing nothing more than adding this billet wheel to a stock housing...not likely. Will Pure claim everything they're doing is proprietary, secretive, custom made in-house and give as little as possible...very likely.

Call me a skeptic, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they're $2500+ upgrade was nothing more than installing a billet wheel such as the one listed here...but we'll never know unless someone buys one of their upgraded turbos, takes it apart and compares this blade blade vs what's been installed into their Pure rebuilt turbos. I've written Pure in the past asking about their upgrade and they said it's the same regardless of the S63 or S63TU, which kinda drives it home for me. The problem is I don't feel comfortable enough to disassemble and reassemble a turbo, which is likely where their pricing comes into play.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152119676938...MakeTrack=true
http://www.pureturbos.com/store/bmw-...de-turbos.html

PS = before everyone hops onto the "It's eBay garbage" train, just remember that eBay is a portal for buying and selling, eBay isn't manufacturing them. Proof in point that these wheels can be bought on eBay or from a handful of other vendors, but ultimately the wheels are made by someone else. Anyone reading this got Pure stage 1 turbos on their S63/S63TU to compare what their wheel looks like vs the one in the ad?

Last edited by m5james; 06-23-2016 at 12:44 AM..
Appreciate 0