06-22-2016, 11:35 PM   #47
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blacks4 View Post
what about a Toluene mixture? seems to be better than e85. not able to buy at the pump...so its kinda a pain. but the end result is awesome.

im thinking the meth/washer fluid is a great addition for maintaining power. heat soak is terrible in these things, the intercooler system using the coolant seems simple for a factory system. It would be much better with a second separate independent system. im in Arizona and 120 degree days kinda stink.

this truck reminds me of the 99-02 audi s4. there was very limited support, chips/downpipes.... with nothing but back yard home depot engineering there were plenty of us who had the thing from 250hp to over 400....

I am in agreement on one sad issue...the TU is far superior and much more responsive to anything and everything...
I haven't tried toluene in years, so I don't even know what the mixture ratio would be. I've read on these boards where someone was using roughly 3 gallons of E85 before filling up the rest of the way with 91/92. Since we can't use the JB4/BCM combo to do datalogging and being able to adjust boost levels, I don't know how we'd do testing on the E7* platform to determine which ratio is the best. Meth is widely used, cheap and supposedly very safe at a 50/50 mixture even without a tune based on simple Google searches I've done after reading comments from various types of make and model of cars using it. Finding a meth kit that has a functioning "safety/failsafe" feature that works on our cars is proving harder than I'd expected.
Appreciate 0