View Single Post
      05-11-2008, 02:16 AM   #39
beatloafer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 Alpine 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattedtwice View Post
Anyway, there clearly is no right or wrong regarding a single knob vs. jap touch screens. Some of us like a single knob and minimal buttons, while some prefer a million tiny buttons and wading through umpteen menus on a smudged-up screen.

Only in the minds of you jap fanbois that hold on to factpinions and reputations instead of fact. But when you look to that precious list that y'all love to quote, BMW sits higher than infiniti and acura in dependability. And going by the way lexus is falling thanks to new models they're rushing out, they may be next. As for user-friendliness, some of us have no issue there; if a handful are too slow to figure things out, then that's THEIR fault, not the designers.
1. The fact that I can't search under ALL categories for a POI automatically makes iDrive inferior to all other navs I've used (Sony, Garmin, TomTom, Lexus, and Infiniti)
I shouldn't have to know the specific category of a POI to see if it exists in the database. That makes no sense.

2. My wife and I leased BMW's last year and in the last 9 months of ownership I have driven more service loaners and been without my car more days than in the prevoius 3 years of our Lexus and Infiniti leases. It's a fact, our japanese cars were significantly more reliable than BMW. P.S. - I'm a BMW fanboy.
Appreciate 0