SilentAttack
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAttack View Post
I have started looking at the perfect next car and I think I really want an E70 x5M instead of getting back into an E9x M3. I have found some stuff that gives the difference between the years and it seems the 2013 had the best options added with the LCI tails and option for the LED Adaptive headlights.

How rare is it to find a 2013 that had this option and it was available on the x5's correct. I would also like to hear any options on why any other year would be just as good as the 2013 model.
If searching 2013's only, I would estimate half of them have the optional LED headlights. I look all the time for fun and that's been my experience. If you're searching all E70 X5M's (2010-2013) simultaneously, then yes I'd call them a rare find.

The LED LCI tails would be standard on 2011-2013 X5M's.

I'd get a 2013 w/ the LED headlights...because of the LED headlights. The older style halogen coronas look terrible, they really date the car. And LUX bulbs are no improvement.

Just my .02.
thanks for your input. with the pricing coming down I will probably just spring for the 13. I did a retrofit in my 08 M3 and it ended up costing like 2k and I thought that was too much.