03-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #11
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
I'm very glad I'm only 10 weeks away from getting my own.
Go ahead. Rub it in...

Re the rear seats: I am 6' 2" but quite long in the trunk, as opposed to being all leg.

Re the running boards: My kids -- all late 20's and early 30's -- like the running boards. Maybe it's an old fart thing to find them tacky.

Re sport seats (cheaptrick): My wife's M3 has seats that are too narrow for me. I'm not fat -- OK, well upholstered, maybe -- but I do have child-bearing hips. The seat side bolsters cut circulation and put my legs to sleep. I find my neighbour's 4.8is X5 seats too narrow for anything other than short trips, although they do seem wider than the M3's. I have regular seats in my X5 and had comfort seats in my previous 540i. Truth be told, I actually find the X5 seats comfier, although I don't really know why. Maybe because you sit more vertically. I think the only real difference is that the comfort seats have articulated backrests and power headrests, but don't quote me on that as I'm not a seat expert.

Re seating position (Mr. Marvelous): You should get a pretty good idea by sitting in an X5 and visualizing your butt two inches closer to the floor. You're not lying down, by any stretch, but you are definitely not sitting high up SUV-style.
Appreciate 0