View Single Post
      09-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #13
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F-150

If you're leasing then go with what you like. However, if buying, please keep in mind that newer less routine interior colors like this are not to everyone's taste and can adversely affect resale value. I have bought a shopped for a lot of used cars and can tell you that when I see a clean car for sale that is lower in price than expected, it usually has this sort of different interior. So, if you want it to be shopped by as many buyers as possible, or get top trade in value for sure, keep that in mind and stick to the more boring, usual interior schemes. Beige, Black, Gray. Dealers are not dumb and will offer you less in trade if they think they'll have trouble moving a car with an unconvential interior.

That said, does anyone think the "oyster" Nevada leather interior would be considered oddball? It's seems to be very light gray with black plastic dash/etc. A two tone effect. I know this scheme in more vivid designs (seats themselves two-tone) are all the rage in some other brands (VW CC comes to mind) and the word is that they helped sell those cars.

I think the tobacco leather looks great, btw. But note that some of the plastic components can look a little orangish in some light.
Appreciate 0