View Single Post
      05-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: always changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_adi View Post
It looks like you have done a good study of all the possibilities and options. Certainly, if you dont need the extra power then the 50i is a waste. Its also quite a bit of extra money. Now u have a fully loaded 35i.
for 2011 BMW has offered 3 trim levels just for the X5 xDrive35i. to get all the extra goodies i had to go with the Sport Activity trim. i think it's a good idea for them to do because in used market it will help the car to get higher resale value.

my order ends up being roughly 67k. pretty high for a 35i. i could've ordered a 50i without the M Sport & without the Adaptive Drive for nearly the same as the 35i. to get everything on the 50i the way i wanted it'll be 75k. i guess my parents would not care for the missing power but rather have a more comfortable ride. plus it looks hotter too!

however, on the X6 is not so pretty. there are few options that's standard on the X5 become optional on the X6. also some small thing such as USB adaptor can not be order alone in the X6. add the premium sound it becomes a $1,800 option... not to mention the MSRP on X6 is quite a jump over the X5.

thanks to my salesguy, who's always been a straight shooter with me. i asked him why BMW can charge so much more on X6 over X5 since they're technically the same car. he said, ''because they can.'' oh well, LOL!

yeah, my X6 ended up like $82k. because i'm a sucker.
Appreciate 0