Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skforzagroup View Post
That's definitely a choice wider tires do what for the SUV? I'm Running 295 in front and it gets caught in the grooves on our roads in Edmonton. And the ride is a bit rougher. Where the set up I did 265/315 the ride was amazing because I utilized a bit more sidewall. And does the rims look small no. They look big when I get to a computer I'll post the pictures
Straying from matched staggered setups for arbitrary reasons on an AWD vehicle is a very bad choice, IMHO.

A difference of only 0.25 - 0.50" in total rolling diameter can result in a 10-20 rev per mile difference, which will almost certainly shorten the life of your xDrive.

It's also good to keep in mind that tire sizing is nominal - IE a 275 Pirelli summer tire is not necessarily equal to a 275 Pirelli winter tire. You most definitely need to look at the total diameter or revs per mile when installing non-OE tires.
Word. Revolutions per mile is the best measure, followed by tire circumference. Diameter is the least informative number to compare, as an almost immeasurable difference in diameter becomes much more prominent and harmful over many revolutions. But diameter is still better than guess work or just making it up as you go along.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0