View Single Post
      11-14-2023, 04:56 AM   #37
mp3_in
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTV8M View Post
High pressure fuel pump is expensive I think. I think this vehicle also has issue with low pressure fuel pump, I think that's cheaper for right now
Hey, I ran that check again and saw interesting stuff:
When put key, there will be 5psi on both rails and immediately drop for bank 1 (cylinder #2 misfires a lot on there) from 5 psi to 4.60 - not a lot...but hey,

Then, when press ignition it goes to 7 bar on both, for bank 1 its immediately drops to ~6.50,
After 30 seconds it also drops for bank2 for 6.63 and for bank1 it goes to 6.33,
Then I start the car cold, (initially bump in RPM ~1500 to enrich with oil) it getting 99.91 for bank2 and 88.90 for bank1 - is it enough to misfire tho - Don't know, however, cyls 1 & 2 started having 0.98 and 1.76 knock signal, also, hear tickling sound a lot more from bank1 side, may be those are actually tired on both sides hence I create "wrong tests", anyway, I think is enlugh to try and swap, I'll update
LPFP is OK as I see that on the chart,

UPD:
So now I'm confident that this is HPFP issue:

When engine is fully warm up, there are strong indication of spring starting to fail on bank1 (so it creates needed pressure to deliver, however, it can stack in some position),
When fully warmed up, on restart (put key and ignition) bank1 shows value 60PSI!! - indication, that spring is just failing to decompress in timing manner, meanwhile on bank2 there is 22.11,
When start vehicle it shows ~90 on both,

Throughout normal drive bank1 rail always wants to put more fuel 135PSI vs 128PSI,
109PSI vs 101PSI,

Unfortunately I could not reproduce like mega stagger performance (and car ran better than usual) but another examples are (bank1 first, time, when I notice slight miafire but no error):
115 Vs 100
114 Vs 97
111 Vs 94

And when car was stopped, after 2 mins:
90 Vs 50

So I say is tired Spring, altho is able to create needed pressure when WOT, is unable to stay in flexible working range and can hang somewhere in decompressed or compressed state
Appreciate 0