mp3_in
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTV8M View Post
Man that is bad you have to go all thru that crazy stuff. I think it is 0.8 bar

Sounds like that car had a different tune put in from what it should have
Thank you for info and support!) at this point I just want car that would not misfire just that goes predictably.

Anyway before I do this ECU flush I put new throttle body and auxilary water pump (just got message that it degrading),
I was in traffic yesterday and noticed car misfyres ONLY when throttle body start to opening by itself, I don't think is ECU job to correct it, I think it would rather correct injected furl than air mass,

So to sum:
When I got +- synchronised throttle bodies like those values:
2,36 TPS throttle valve head #1
2,39 TPS throttle valve head #2
In this case car is smooth as butter,

When it starting to change (gradually, ~10 values per second) even with no gas pedal applied while staying sit and starting to differentiate for 20-30 points it starts runningrough,

When its
2,50 for #1
3,36 for #2
Engine goes wild and I can get misfyre for all 8 cilynders or random ones, as soon as I exercise some job with the gas pedal it goes +- normal ride again,
I think that mechanical/electrical motor in throttle body just giving away because this engine is a monster air sucker, it always try to suck it and that throttle valve cannot resist it anymore 😀 and as soon as I change it everything will be fine, if not, going to dealer for ECU and this failed module fortunately they quoted $600 for everything, keep you updating guys
Appreciate 1