View Single Post
      08-05-2019, 08:12 AM   #10
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB607 View Post
So my driver side front soft close has stopped working and is now making a horrible noise every time I close the door. Im sure its the motor but I was hoping that maybe someone has done or knows how to shut the feature off completely. Anyone?
It should be called the "automated mistress door close function" I swear some BMW engineer came up with this idea so he could come home late at night and not wake up the wife with a door slam)

Mine did the same thing, you can take off your door panel (videos on youtube how to do this)and pull the wiring harness from the motor. It's a bit tricky to do though as you have to do it all by feel unless you pull the entire motor and latch assembly. I am sure there is a fuse that controls the entire system but not sure what it is.

I replaced mine which wasn't a bad job, BMW left just enough room to do it without having to take out the window regulator, just loosen it a bit on the bottom.

If your decide to replace it, I would stay away from the cheap units, they are knock-offs and don't last long according to reviews. Get a lightly used one off eBay like mentioned above...or open up your wallet...I think I paid close to 400 for mine new....

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 08-05-2019 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 0