01-24-2018, 10:40 AM   #592
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeGuy View Post
Longevity of availability. I guess it depends on the kind of consumer one is. I use my phone constantly as well, but I don’t feel the need to spend top dollar on the latest and greatest. Can I afford it? Sure, but im way to frugal to replace something that’s working perfectly for me. I’m not contesting that the x isn’t a great phone, in fact I was ready to trade in my dinosaur iPhone 6 for it. But if the x is looking to be replaced before a year of its release date, at this time I should wait for the other options.
You've entered analysis paralysis. I mean, the F30 is about to be replaced by the G20, and then an M3 will be out and then an M3 CS and then an LCI. Better to just hold out for the H series, it will be here before you know it.

It's $1k. Either walk into the Apple store and make it rain for a few seconds or don't. But you'll never have the newest phone for more than eleven and a half months or so.

But buying an 8 with its dumb screen or holding out for an Xs or whatever isn't going to get you anything fundamentally different than just buying an X now.
Appreciate 1
geogerf115.50