10-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #13
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodell View Post
It is a car, not a life choice. If you buy one now, you get 3 years before the new one is out. Life's too short to sweat what's going to happen in three years. You might decide you like the "old" car.

I have the previous generation SLK AMG (gasp). I don't care for the new one and my 2008 suits me just fine. If I wanted a new one, I could get it, but, the F1 inspired front end "works" for me.
+1 I feel the same way about my 2009 SLK 300, like it much more than the new generation, the McLaren SLR inspired styling is timeless... wishing I'd bought an AMG but couldn't justify the price then.. I can now, but when I got the SLK, had no kids; now I have 2 so it's back to another X6 ... Sold my last X6 in January for a GL550 and still miss it. Wife loves the GL550 though so I can't complain

OP: Back on topic, I agree if you like the X6, get the X6. When did the LCI come out in where you live? I ask because you mentioned an X6 40d which is not available in the US.

Here, the X6 LCI only came in April 2012 as a 2013 model; I don't imagine a new version stateside before 2015 as a 2016 model.

I understand (correct me if I am wrong) that model years aren't used pretty much anywhere except North America? That notwithstanding, I'd think the model life cycle is the same across the board. I think you have more than 20 months before you see a new X6 generation on the streets, wherever you are located.
Appreciate 0