View Single Post
      01-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #19
philly42
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M, Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
thanks for the idea.. i ll check but i feel like its more likely seems like an electronic miscommunication or something.. brakes hold the car quite firmly but engine overcomes when i try get close to 2k rpm.. since it has a conventional torque convertor should let the engine rev a bit.. now when i think maybe i should hit the gas pedal more harder for letting the car initiate LC.. when you LC your car does it matter you press the pedal slowly or fast?
Same here, my initial thought was that there's an issue with the electronics. This was also my first car with launch control so holding the brake and pressing the gas is new to me. Though I eliminated that possibility by pressing the brake as hard as I could along with using the parking brake.

I tried reaching out to local X5M to see how it is done and to feel how the braking system should be like. Fortunately there was an X5M for sale locally that I was able to test drive to feel the baking system.

Send me a PM and maybe I can help you troubleshoot. We could facetime or I can end you a video of how it's done. You're not along...this is what forums are for.

Keep in mind nothing about launch control feels natural for the car. The torque converter is designed for this.
Appreciate 0