View Single Post
      01-11-2018, 05:18 AM   #18
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
Even if your rotors or pads are low, the car should still stay put while trying launch control. Don't bother testing LC by using the parking brake...it will not work if the car is rolls.

There are many components in the braking system. I would start with flushing the brake fluid.

Here are some symptoms if you have a brake booster issue:
-Hissing sound or air escaping when the brake pedal is pressed
-with max force on brake pedal, the pedal will go down but then a greater force from the system will push the pedal up.
-in safe steep decline area, repeatedly press and let go of the brake pedal quickly. or with a constant pressure have you foot on the brakes but increase and decrease pressure. A failing brake booster will not stop sharply.

If you have a brake booster problem, I suggest starting with the easiest and cheapest replaceable items. Remove the brake booster check-valve and test it. At the same time you can use a vacuum gauge and test the amount of vacuum the vacuum pump is producing. If those are fine then you may want to start looking into the master cylinder and booster. Note that the master cylinder has to be removed if the brake booster is replaced.
thanks for the idea.. i ll check but i feel like its more likely seems like an electronic miscommunication or something.. brakes hold the car quite firmly but engine overcomes when i try get close to 2k rpm.. since it has a conventional torque convertor should let the engine rev a bit.. now when i think maybe i should hit the gas pedal more harder for letting the car initiate LC.. when you LC your car does it matter you press the pedal slowly or fast?
Appreciate 0