View Single Post
      01-10-2018, 04:08 PM   #17
philly42
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M, Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
same here.. cant use launch control whatever im trying on MDM, ESP system off or normal on D,S or manual mode.. car wants creep hardly while braking and in mechanical way it can be felt that it harms the shaft etc.. i didnt try with parking brake but i feel like it wont work anyway.. im abroad at the moment that cant try w/parking brake but i will..

rotors are low a bit but pads are new.. no faults or leakage.. but cant find the reason.. my car produced at April '10.. any ideas why?
Even if your rotors or pads are low, the car should still stay put while trying launch control. Don't bother testing LC by using the parking brake...it will not work if the car is rolls.

There are many components in the braking system. I would start with flushing the brake fluid.

Here are some symptoms if you have a brake booster issue:
-Hissing sound or air escaping when the brake pedal is pressed
-with max force on brake pedal, the pedal will go down but then a greater force from the system will push the pedal up.
-in safe steep decline area, repeatedly press and let go of the brake pedal quickly. or with a constant pressure have you foot on the brakes but increase and decrease pressure. A failing brake booster will not stop sharply.

If you have a brake booster problem, I suggest starting with the easiest and cheapest replaceable items. Remove the brake booster check-valve and test it. At the same time you can use a vacuum gauge and test the amount of vacuum the vacuum pump is producing. If those are fine then you may want to start looking into the master cylinder and booster. Note that the master cylinder has to be removed if the brake booster is replaced.
Appreciate 1
yco5748.50