View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
pickle311
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Considering purchasing a X5 35d

I'm looking at a 2011 X5 35d with 30k miles on it. The truck appears to be in excellent condition and mechanically sound from what I can see. With only 30k miles, it's still under the factory warranty to 50k.
It's not a CPO and the dealer I'm working with isn't a BMW dealer. Is this something I should be concerned with? Also, can I still buy the BMW 100k mile warranty since its not a CPO?

I'm very specific with what I'm looking for and that's making it difficult to find what I want, especially locally. I want a 2010 or newer X5 35d preferably jet black with black interior, or I'd settle for Alpine white. Don't really want white though since 3 of my last 4 vehicles have been white.
Must have less than 40k miles as well.

I'm not finding anything that meets my criteria in Austin. BMW of Austin has a white one that's in great condition, but they didn't want to work on the price. Plus they have it almost $10k more than comparable X5s in Houston and Dallas.

Right now, a dealer in Dallas has exactly what I'm looking for so I'm going to call them Tuesday and get all the info I need on it and ensure we can work a deal before making the 3 hour drive.

Any suggestions on what to look for and what to avoid? This will be my first BMW.

TIA
Appreciate 0