JDAURIA
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 MSport

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
05.08.21 - Maintenance Day

Had a knock in the driver side lower control arm so replaced both driver/passenger parts with Lemforder.

Valve cover gasket was original with over 157k miles on it and needed to be replaced. Original gasket was brittle, hard and turned to plastic. New gasket will help tremendously. Did not get the swirl flap delete parts in time so that will have to wait and noticed the J Pipe was leaking so that will have to be replaced as well.

Typical lower charge pipe leak, replaced with OEM charge pipe.

OEM+ Plans:
[X] Remount Roof Rack + Snowpack Extender (when needed)
[X] Wheel change from OEM Style 214
[X] 4x4 10.25in Android Infotainment System
[X] Rear Entertainment Delete
[ ] 3rd Row Delete (add back the OEM spare tire kit)
[ ] Rear Cargo Lift Bracket/Strut Kit

Maintenance Plans:
[X] Valve Cover Gasket Replacement
[X] Lower Charge Pipe replacement
[X] Xenon Bulb replacement
[X] Lower control arm replacement
[ ] Replace Gear Selector "P" trim and Silver trim
[ ] Replace Rear Wiper Arm, Cover
[ ] Headlight Restoration
[ ] Paint Correction (?)
[ ] Pre-LCI rear bumper replacement + Hitch cut out
[ ] Swirl Flap Delete
[ ] J Pipe Oil Line replacement

Still chasing Xenon issue on the passenger side. Checked voltage and had it hooked up to ISTA. Replaced the xenon bulb but that did not help. We noticed the battery was low, so I will put it on a tender overnight to charge/maintain it and see if that helps. Does not look like FRM issue which was my original thought. It could be xenon module...which are expensive...I plan to do some more trouble shooting tomorrow: I will check the battery stamp date to see how old it is. I will swap the xenon bulbs driver to passenger side. In addition will swap the angel eye bulbs - they are aftermarket and may have something to do with it all.

Old parts pictured below
Attached Images

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190
Appreciate 0