10-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
bleudyno
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Melbourne Red X6///M

Garage List
2010 X6M  [9.50]
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Does anyone use a turbo timer or do we even need one for our cars?

I have a few friends who own turbocharged cars and some of them have turbo timers. From what I noticed, the guys who don't have turbo timers leave the car running after they park for like 5 minutes to let the turbo's cool down. My car will be here in about 2 weeks and I was wondering how everyone approaches this. I know BMW's probably have better technology when it comes to their turbo engines but does anyone think that a turbo timer would be a good thing to install? For those of you who aren't exactly sure what a turbo timer does, basically after you park, it keeps the turbos running for like 10 minutes to allow it to cool down so the hot oil in the turbos doesn't just sit in there and basically "cook" the turbos. Any thoughts?

X6///M Melbourne Red/Merino Black leather MODS: Matte black grill, Tinted head lights, Euro clear side reflectors w/ tint, Tinted white stip on tail lights, 22" Iforged Legacy Convave (Matte black center with Gloss black lip) RPI Race exhaust, Vorsteiner CF front lip, CF rear deck lid spoiler, CF rear diffuser, vented CF race hood, RPI intake scoops UPCOMING MODS: RPI software tune
Appreciate 0